Discuss Part F background ventilation problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

marc8

-
Reaction score
hello all
been a while just wanted to check a couple of my calculations for part F have a background ventilator (trickle vent ) marked up 2500mm EA, is the figure used for the table in Part F the way i have used it before is this way as it marked on the back of the unit. am i correct?
any help would be appreciated

I cannot quite make out to which table you are referring or how it relates to the trickle ventilator.

However the 2500mm² EA on the vent is the equivalent are of the vent and can be used as part of the background ventilation required for rooms, it is the minimum area for wet rooms and half the minimum area for habitable rooms.

I cannot quite make out to which table you are referring or how it relates to the trickle ventilator.

However the 2500mm² EA on the vent is the equivalent are of the vent and can be used as part of the background ventilation required for rooms, it is the minimum area for wet rooms and half the minimum area for habitable rooms.

Hello Richard Burns
Part F document page 23, System 1, states for a 1 Bedroom Flat/House Equal to or less that 50m2 =25000mm2 EA for a leaky house/flat or airtight is more.

So for a one bedroom flat above the fourth storey you need a total of 25,000 mm² equivalent area of background ventilation.
For a one bedroom house on its own then you add 10,000 mm² so need a total of 35,000 mm² equivalent area of background ventilation.

Each habitable room needs minimum 5,000 mm² EA, each wet room needs minimum 2,500 mm² EA.

The ventilator you mention would be suitable for a wet room or you could use two in a habitable room to meet the minimum requirements for the room.
However suppose the 1 bedroom house had a living room, kitchen, bedroom, toilet and bathroom. The total minimum for each room would be 5,000 + 2,500 + 5,000 + 2,500 + 2,500 = 17,500 mm² EA so you would still need to add another 17,500 mm² to make it up to the whole house minimum of 35,000 mm² EA.

hello Richard
yes page 22 also has the way it is calculated also & now uses EA for the whole flat or house even if not on the 4th floor.
doing a lot of these certificates.

Reply to Part F background ventilation problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net