Discuss Part P in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hey man.... Don't knock the right wing/Tory elite they will be the saviours of this once glorious nation. It's you safety obsessed lefties/unionists with your criminal labour government who have F'd the country beyond all recognition....

It was f'D up long before Labour got in!! You must have completely or conveniently forgot about the 17 years of Maggie and Major!! The greed and criminality culture, can be directly linked to that era of time!!

And No, i'm not a Labour or any other UK party supporter....

I've lost the will to live.... 11 pages later....

Did the 2382-12 17th edition in January, been sparking on and off since I left school.
Due to appalling lack of work in the NE, thought I would re-start the sparking. No wonder guys don't bother getting Part-P etc, its just not made easy is it.
Why not simply have a system... show your credentials, do a test... you are Part-P.
I don't want to join some third party fleecing association, I had enough of the Niceic the first time around.
Yet in the current climate, you can't afford to bang £100 on your price to cover the local building inspector to pop out.
Even after 11 pages, I am still no wiser. If I start up tomorrow, with my spanky 17th edition, I still need to register with say... Napit or someone.
Then, I am technically trading without Part-P, until they come out and inspect some of my work. However, I can't get the work... cause I am not Part-P.
And if I do get going.... am I then obliged to spank yet more money on the 2391?
Madness

Good luck to you mate , Yes we all have to start somewhere , When I left school I was one of the lucky one's .Nothing wrong with a late start . I am back at college now doing a computer maintenace course , two nights a week for a year . It wont make me a computer engineer. Sorry for the rant it just gets me going when someone tells me they are a Part P Electrician , Rant number 2 over
Hi Old Dog

I didn't do that course I did an NCS 18 month course. I got made redundant aged 49 and wanted to retrain as an electrician. There was no government support for someone my age doing this and no one providing the training locally so I did a home study course with 4 away weeks. I realise this does not make me as capable as someone who has done a 3 year apprenticeship but I've got to start somewhere and I am determined that I will not do anything that is beyond my capabilities. Electricity is just too dangerous to take risks with,

Good luck with your Computer Maint course BUT depending on age you may find it hard to get work, I would check out Computer Forensics as a possibility if inclined.
After 20+yrs in IT (Hardware Support) I had to go back to sparking, that was also hard as no one wants an oldy even offering free work just to check my knowledge !.

Cheers to Steve for the original post, the search function brought this thread up and it had most of the information i was after!

Just a quick one though haha,

what is the main difference between the 1 day, 3 day and 5 day part p courses?

Awaits 2-4days as an answer... brilliant.

Does the course have any form of exam? (i read that you do NOT get a cert and it is NOT a qual)

After just completing a 3day 17th course and immediately regretting the additional outlay as i should of clearly just gone for the one day i don't want to make the same mistake again!

Reply to Part P in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net