Discuss periodics and the law in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Scott F

Hi all has anyone a link I can copy/download regarding periodics and the law I can give to a a letting agent.

All the ones online seem to be other contractors sites.

Any help welcome.Scott

Hi

Dont know of any links studying for my 2391 at the moment in the book I am using it quotes The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 Section 11 sub-section 1 b which requires landlord to keep in repair and proper working order the supply of water gas and electricity.

As this is a law rather than a guidance note that may be all you need.

The book Im using by the way is the IEE Guidance Note 3 Inspection and Testing ISBN is 9780863418570 its on page 14.

Hope that helps

Chris

Although with tenanted property there is currently no legal requirement for an electrical safety certificate (except in the case of all HMOs) it is now widely accepted in the letting industry that the only safe way to ensure safety, and to avoid the risk of being accused of neglecting your 'duty of care', or even of manslaughter is to arrange such an inspection and certificate.

So, as long as everything works then thats fine. It doesnt mean it has to be safe and 100% to the regs.

Although if there was a dangerous installation, then the landlord has a duty of care and if nothing is done, he may become liable should anything happen

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies . Jason have you anything written down I know its not law but its in their and our intrests if there is. If you google the above you can get some good info but it is basically other sparkies web sites .I wanted something neutral scuse the pun.Have tried ESC to no avail

Reply to periodics and the law in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock