Discuss Phase convertor issues in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone ever experienced the following issue on a single to theee phase convertor. The issue only seems to be on initial startup in the morning, initial soft start is ok then change over, it sounds like its single phasing then the supply breaker trips. After 5 attempts it works ok and once a bit of warmth itll work all day. I shall mega the motor/generator first thing tomorrow but any suggestions much appreciated, as the supplier/manufacturer is now closed till Monday

View attachment 44179

View attachment 44180

View attachment 44181

you sure your soft start is working? Had a similar issue with a dc convertor. The soft start would try to start but not switch in time. three more attempts then it would actually ramp up properly.

You could try and meg the motor both cold and also when warmed up. Just to check there is nothing that is changing character on the load side.

Reply to Phase convertor issues in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
Hi all,looking for some pointers to an RCD problem, I work entirely on large poultry farms, I've only been in post a year, at some point before I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock