Discuss Please help, I need advice to build a case in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Aquathia

DIY
Reaction score
I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment and trying to argue a massive amount of used of electricity with my provider which I find it hard to believe for my living circumstances. I am a single person who lives in a one bed flat and is out of the house from 9-5 during the week days, I am on an economy 7 meter and I do have a immersion heating tank that is just set to off peak supply, I never have used boost. I moved into this flat last march, to get the meter reading I had to contact my building management company and they give me my opening readings as they didnt give residents access or a key to the meter cupboard. I gave my opening readings to the energy supplier Eon to set up a fix tariff and direct debit.

15 March 22: 1) 05761- Night 2) 31116- Day 3) 56188- weekend
They switched me over to eonext (without notification) and came in july to take opening readings for themselves. They recorded

2 July 22: 1) 05704 - Night 2) 31057- Day 3) 55160- weekend <<<<<<------- there is a -1k unit difference here
I called my management company to get reading 30th december ( I admit this was my second time calling them)

30 dec 22: 1) 06032-Night 2) 32308- Day 3)57490- weekend

To me stuff is not adding up as from my perspective it went down and then up which has created a 1500 pound debt on top of what I am already paying. I now have access to the meter cupboard and have looked at my meter.

It is a Horstmann Radio telemeter series 2a type NU077-210 - I've been keeping an eye on it every day. My biggest question is, why is my no 3) reading which is my off peak weekend reading going up during weak days?

I am using a unit or 2 on the day and night reading , per day but average 3 to 5 units on the weekend rate per day, even when I am not in the flat!

My second concern looking at that was my immersion heater, it is still coming on during the day to heat the tank even though it is set to off peak supply. like the light to the off peak supply is coming on so I assume that is in heating mode.

I am also suspecting could the meter have been set up wrong?

in regards to the difference of the readings, I challenged that. The energy company is saying that as they are eon next they are seeing from july to december as that is the opening readings for them. However, i find it absurd to have used 2,600 pounds worth of electricity in the span of 6 months with only turning on the heating for the month of december.

I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment and trying to argue a massive amount of used of electricity with my provider which I find it hard to believe for my living circumstances. I am a single person who lives in a one bed flat and is out of the house from 9-5 during the week days, I am on an economy 7 meter and I do have a immersion heating tank that is just set to off peak supply, I never have used boost. I moved into this flat last march, to get the meter reading I had to contact my building management company and they give me my opening readings as they didnt give residents access or a key to the meter cupboard. I gave my opening readings to the energy supplier Eon to set up a fix tariff and direct debit.

15 March 22: 1) 05761- Night 2) 31116- Day 3) 56188- weekend
They switched me over to eonext (without notification) and came in july to take opening readings for themselves. They recorded

2 July 22: 1) 05704 - Night 2) 31057- Day 3) 55160- weekend <<<<<<------- there is a -1k unit difference here
I called my management company to get reading 30th december ( I admit this was my second time calling them)

30 dec 22: 1) 06032-Night 2) 32308- Day 3)57490- weekend

To me stuff is not adding up as from my perspective it went down and then up which has created a 1500 pound debt on top of what I am already paying. I now have access to the meter cupboard and have looked at my meter.

It is a Horstmann Radio telemeter series 2a type NU077-210 - I've been keeping an eye on it every day. My biggest question is, why is my no 3) reading which is my off peak weekend reading going up during weak days?

I am using a unit or 2 on the day and night reading , per day but average 3 to 5 units on the weekend rate per day, even when I am not in the flat!

My second concern looking at that was my immersion heater, it is still coming on during the day to heat the tank even though it is set to off peak supply. like the light to the off peak supply is coming on so I assume that is in heating mode.

I am also suspecting could the meter have been set up wrong?

in regards to the difference of the readings, I challenged that. The energy company is saying that as they are eon next they are seeing from july to december as that is the opening readings for them. However, i find it absurd to have used 2,600 pounds worth of electricity in the span of 6 months with only turning on the heating for the month of december.
I would ask for the meter to be checked, a smart meter maybe a consideration.

Reply to Please help, I need advice to build a case in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock