Discuss Pli Pi & Van Insurance any pointers? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have had a bit of a year for finding professional insurance but have again decided to renew with Arthur J Gallagher (Through Stroma) at £260 all in for Pli, Professional indemnity and employer liability. Van insurance is a different matter and I am getting quotes from £260 odd to £1100 on a 66 plate Trafic? I am going to call Arthur J Gallagher on Monday as they do Van insurance also to see what they can do, anyone got any good or bad pointers re Van insurance, companies of brokers to share?

I renewed my van insurance with LV this year ....... 67 plate transporter Kombi @ £342 ish

What has your existing insurer quoted you?

My current brokers have ome up with £585 with a £300 excess cheekly buggers, I even phoned them up and they said sorry that is the best we can do!? However I have just put it through The Van Insurer comparison site and my current brokers Grove and Dean have come up with a quote of £386 through Highway which is part of LV and Defaqto 5*. Work that one out?

They say its the best deal that they can offer you then when you shop around and go with someone cheaper they somehow manage to match it!!!!.All I would say is make sure it is like fore like.We went with A plan thought to give them a try as met them at P.Electrician show one year and turned out to be over £100 cheaper than Swinton.

van is with LV.( £32/month ). pl with the insurance octopus. (£9/month).

Because Tel lives day by day - he is dangerman! Yesterday kneeling on cats tomorrow could be standing on some steps! That’s why!

why monthly? that normally adds loads to the premium

£32 x 12 = £384 ...............
the charge for paying monthly is only about £20. worth it for not having a bill for £300+ landing on the doormat at the same time as my bar bill is due.

Reply to Pli Pi & Van Insurance any pointers? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net