Discuss plug in voltage logger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Anyone recommend a cheap (no more than £50) voltage logger that records values over days/weeks. A 3 pin plug type would do. Its out of interest really to find how the voltage varies where I live! Ive done a search online and cannot spend ££££££ for fluke offerings, but also dont want some super cheap foreign junk that might catch fire. Thanks

Pete999

-
Arms
Anyone recommend a cheap (no more than £50) voltage logger that records values over days/weeks. A 3 pin plug type would do. Its out of interest really to find how the voltage varies where I live! Ive done a search online and cannot spend ££££££ for fluke offerings, but also dont want some super cheap foreign junk that might catch fire. Thanks
Could always hire a supply analyser for a period, that's what my De[artment and I did for a while, until I managed to cajole my Boss into buying a set.

TonyMitchell

-
Arms
Esteemed
£50.00 will either get you a cheap multimeter with min/max/avg that will give you three readings between resets, or it will get you a small secondhand APC SmartUPS with Powerchute software, which includes reasonable logging functionality. In my experience, Powerchute is usually a couple of volts adrift from reality, but may suffice for what you're trying to do.

You'll probably need to increase your budget to hire something like @Pete999 suggests, which will be in a different league, calibrated and give you accurate results at whatever intervals you specify.

(Thinking cheap , not necessarily practical ,ruled out proper computer )
Not vary accurate mains operated DMM ,and a time lapse camera ,if enough light is available. (depends on how much of a hoarder you are)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not vary accurate mains operated DMM ,and a time lapse camera ,if enough light is available. (depends on how much of a hoarder you are)
As ideas go that aint bad. On second thoughts my OP is not a real necessity and so will put it on back burner until it is.

James the Spark1976

-
Arms
Esteemed
I like that, a proper "out of the box" original thinking.
here is a problem, how can I solve it with the ---- I have in this box?
top marks.

Reply to plug in voltage logger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom