Discuss power theft detection/indecation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sravaneee

hi,

I want to do a project on Power Theft Detection/Indication for which I've searched web much but I haven't found anything interesting and the circuits that I've got are also not a perfect one. Please help me in this aspect and the project may also include Micro controller.

My aim is to do a small project that explains the power theft detection/identification in the distribution side (if possible in transmission to distribution too). I mean I must be able to say that how much of power is being theft and if possible where it is being theft. It's going to be my undergraduate project for fulfillment of my graduation degree.

And to be clear I consider a 230v power line and then it is fed to load and there will be some theft being done in the middle. And now my aim is to detect how much power is being theft and where it theft.And this applies from transmission to distribution too.

thank you in advance.

Hi,
Are you at Uni or College? There are plenty of academic papers on this subject. If you want to have a pointer on how to do power measurements with a microprocessor, and not make it a silly academic exercise, get one or more CT connected energy anlyzers such as the NEMO96, you can then use modbus to read the nemo96 via your chosen micro processor and what ever computer network you decide.

Hi,
I tried to send you a private message and it didn't work. Could you give me the name of your Supervisor and University and I will send him / her some ideas.

Ukmeterman

Reply to power theft detection/indecation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock