Search the forum,

Discuss Power to Shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why on earth do you want to join it using a switch?

And why extend it with T&E?
[automerge]1580849657[/automerge]

What is the wall made of? If it's a solid wall how are you going to cut a deep enough chase without damaging the structural integrity of the wall?

He was thinking because it's in a safe zone then no RCD is needed.

Yes - Apart from the fact it would be connected to the SWA which does run outside ( which when a cable is used in the garden it would be require an RCD) but then again the termination won’t be outside as it would terminate in a shed.

otherwise I guess it would be better to run the cable from RCD protected inside and have no RCD in the Shed ?

You should get a copy of the wiring regulations and find out what the requirements are for RCD protection.

Why would a cable in the garden require RCD protection?

You should get a copy of the wiring regulations and find out what the requirements are for RCD protection.

Why would a cable in the garden require RCD protection?

This what I didn’t get I no it was listed as a reg but a spark told me it’s best to have cable in the garden RCD protected, obviously not. I have a copy of BS7671 but I’m am new to this.

This what I didn’t get I no it was listed as a reg but a spark told me it’s best to have cable in the garden RCD protected, obviously not. I have a copy of BS7671 but I’m am new to this.

A spark told you? Did you ask why they think it is best to do that? Did they give any reasonable explanation? Or do you just believe anything someone tells you without question?

Being new is not an excuse, it certainly won't protect you in court if you make a serious mistake and damage property or hurt someone.

A spark told you? Did you ask why they think it is best to do that? Did they give any reasonable explanation? Or do you just believe anything someone tells you without question?

Being new is not an excuse, it certainly won't protect you in court if you make a serious mistake and damage property or hurt someone.

Davespark - Why do you think I am asking lots of peoples their opinions ? Why do you think I am taking the time to research ? No I don’t just believe something that why I’m reading and asking ! I understand it wouldn’t hold up in court that’s why I’m taking the time to research and seek advice. Being new is not an excuse but being new is fine to seek advice and ask questions.

Reply to Power to Shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net