Discuss power windows in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

stevevit

EF
DIY
Reaction score
Added power windows to a muscle car and the motors run too fast I cannot change the gearing is it possible to reduce current to slow the motors down?
Thanks in advance

Using a simple method like reducing the current usually using resistors will bring with it problems, youi may get the speed down but power also goes dow with it, so you end up with the correct speed but no grunt, so you have to use proper motor speed controllers as they are designed to reduce speed but still keep much of the torque.

I'm in over my head I bought this kit and the company cant help I dont know a lot about electrical just trying to fix this problem When you say proper speed controller what speed controller are you talking about?

What type of motor is it ?
it is most likeky a universal motor if it is used on DC
What does the kit say about the motor controller ?
does it say suitable for universal motors ?

Reply to power windows in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock