Discuss Problems With The Site in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Sometimes when replying to a thread, after hitting the submit button, nothing happens.

I see the msg saying, "posting thread" or "submitting new post" whatever it is, but nothing happens.

Doesn't happentoo often but find it annoying, especially after typing a long reply as I generally just think, "Bugger it" and don't retype (because that's the way I roll). :)

Anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes when replying to a thread, after hitting the submit button, nothing happens.

I see the msg saying, "posting thread" or "submitting new post" whatever it is, but nothing happens.

Doesn't happentoo often but find it annoying, especially after typing a long reply as I generally just think, "Bugger it" and don't retype (because that's the way I roll). :)

I'm aware of the problem and there's no quick fix. We're upgrading the forum version soon which will correct the problem.

I click the 'go advanced button' and then click 'submit' again and it will post the message then.

The only thing I can think to do is disable the quick reply feature causing us all to click the actual "post reply" button which loads the more advanced page.

Do you think it's worth doing?

Well I'm lazy and it doesn't happen often so I'd say no (even though it's me making the initial complaint) :)

Good to see what others think though.

Yes I've had the same problem a couple of times & do the same as you & think...."sod it" then bin the reply.

Rate you'll be able to cope with hitting the 'Go Advanced' button and then hit submit or shall we all just stick to replying with the
Problems With The Site {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
button and bin the quick reply till I fix it?

I don't want replies to be lost!

Yeah remove it. Then re-instate it when it's fixed.

Cheers

Oh and another thing. When I log out I always get the msg, "A Problem Occurred.....Please Log Out Here" so effectively logging out twice.

On occassion also found that I haven't actually been logged out. I'll come back to the site already logged in.

Not a major glitch but one nonetheless...

Last edited by a moderator:
That too will be corrected when we upgrade though it is browser version dependent that - usually Internet Explorer 7, sometimes with 6 if you've kept it up to date. It's more to do with your cookie settings on your computer than the forum.

Yeah remove it. Then re-instate it when it's fixed.

Cheers

Oh and another thing. When I log out I always get the msg, "A Problem Occurred.....Please Log Out Here" so effectively logging out twice.

On occassion also found that I haven't actually been logged out. I'll come back to the site already logged in.

Not a major glitch but one nonetheless...

Quick fix for this Bane me old mate is......................dont logout :):D

Reply to Problems With The Site in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock