Discuss Professional Cable Locator Kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

yep, dont use it very often now, but used it a lot a couple of years ago. great kit.

Did you have this exact same one or just one like it?

What did you use it for mainly? Tracing cables or as a circuit finder? it does do both right... Just trying to find out it's benefits

What do you want it for?

I use a telecom tone type, like a fuse finder but on a dead circuit. It injects 2 tones down any 2 dead cables, its brilliant for tracing circuits.

What do you want it for?

I use a telecom tone type, like a fuse finder but on a dead circuit. It injects 2 tones down any 2 dead cables, its brilliant for tracing circuits.

Well... I'd like to use it to trace cables in Walls (similar to what the cr*py Bosch ones are supposed to do) and hopefully this will be alot more accurate and reliable

and also as a MCB/fuse finder...

From what it says this will do both in one unit... Oh and also trace cables unto 2.5m underground which sounds pretty snazzy

If you get one, give it a write up. I considered buying one but didn't know if it would bring anything else to the party. I have a Martindale fuse finder FD650 Martindale FD650 Elite Fuse Finder Kit for live circuits and the telecom tone for dead. Both together seem to cover all the bases.
Use the tone mostly as you can skim over sockets and walls and it reads the tone effortlessly

hi TPES di you get to use the cable tracer you ordered. Any chance of a reveiw. Looks like just the job for a problem im on with at mo.

cheers paul

I;ve been thinking about getting a professional cable locator / fuse finder kit for a while, been looking at the fluke 2042- looking around £450+ the VAT but have found this site selling it for £290+VAT and it says give them a ring for a better price! Fluke 2042 Cable Locator. Buy online or call

You can also buy another transmitter to help locate cables brakes as well for another £159,

but the dilog one looks just as good, duno if your just paying for the fluke name or is it loads better?

I always think about them whem im trying to find hidden joint boxes under floors. To be honest tho cant realy justify the cost unless your gonna use it daily. Lot of money just to sit in a box in the van.
Could really have used one last night tho. Three hours and still not located faulty joint box.

Reply to Professional Cable Locator Kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net