Pump question | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pump question in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Should the CH pump run constantly, my own one does, but a customer asked the question, its a oil fired combi, I wired the controls and the plumber signed it of as ok perhaps the client is just a wee bit anxious
Pict

Should the CH pump run constantly, my own one does, but a customer asked the question, its a oil fired combi, I wired the controls and the plumber signed it of as ok perhaps the client is just a wee bit anxious
Pict

No it shouldn't. It should go on and off when the boiler kicks in and out or if the boiler has an overrun function to dissipate the heat within the boiler then the pump would stay on until the boilers internal pump overrun thermostat turns the pump off.

Thanks all, It is as Lee says, I was wrong about my own it stops but the boiler fires up till it reaches a preset temp and maintains that when OFF,
Pict

Reply to Pump question in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The 4 pumps are :- 1. boiler to cylinder 2. C/H and UFH circulating pump 3. UFH dedicated pump after manifold 4. DHW circulating pump. (this just...
Replies
Views
By the time you've dealt with isolator valves that won't shut off and drain valves that won't open, half a day will be gone before you've removed...
Replies
Views
P
  • Article
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Regular Boiler - Always ON Morning all, I've noticed very recently that our Worcester Bosch Boiler is constantly ON and...
Replies
Views
Pgeddon
P
The pump is controlled by the boiler on an 18Ri.
Replies
Views
There's an arrow cast into the pump body which shows direction of flow. It's also fairly obvious from the back of the pump - you can see by the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks