Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss pump running continuously in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

anyone any dealings with British Gas wireless receiver WR1 ?
pump on heating system seems to be running constantly ,boiler seems to switch off but come back on very quickly two zone valves seem to be operating as normal.
pump is running even with programmer switched to off position,I'm just wondering if the receiver is faulty (never encountered one before)
thinking of disconnecting recieiver

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

-
Arms
Esteemed
The fault is most likely with one of the two zone valves, giving a call to the boiler & pump to run even when they are not receiving a call for heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
plumber that was round changed one valve as he thought that was the problem, still the same

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Does the boiler have pump over run? If so more than likely an internal fault with the boiler. What make and model is it?

yes I pulled up the manual off the internet,so there should be a 4 core running from the boiler to the wiring ?
I'm working from photos taken by son who is 160 miles away....

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
yes I pulled up the manual off the internet,so there should be a 4 core running from the boiler to the wiring ?
I'm working from photos taken by son who is 160 miles away....
The pump is more than likely connected to the terminal marked pump feed. With a voltage indicator it could be checked to see if it turns off or not, when it should.

by the sound of it it appears the pump does not switch off, as he has held his hand on the casing of the pump and it feels like its runnimg all the time, I dont want him taking covers off of anything so cant tell what the connections are

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
by the sound of it it appears the pump does not switch off, as he has held his hand on the casing of the pump and it feels like its runnimg all the time, I dont want him taking covers off of anything so cant tell what the connections are
He needs to get someone competent in then and not someone who’s going to play parts darts.

yep,zactly, difficult in getting reliable/competant people when in a new city and no one to give recommendations

quick update on this,travelled down to visit son and check the wiring out.1st picture is the "wiring centre" 2nd picture wiring centre with cover removed.Ive traced all the cables back and they are all connected as per the s plan for the potterton boiler,the boiler has 4 terminals with the unused terminal being the pf, thats the extent of my knowledge done so as some one mentioned previously its possibly an internal boiler fault (pcb ?) so Im afraid the parts darts master is going to get another go at it....

20190509_173326.jpg

20190509_173450.jpg

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to pump running continuously in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom