Discuss Qualifications to be able to test and certificaate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Stand by stand by
Question as a person who is of the older variety I trained to be a 'leccy' on leaving the RN a few years ago and acquired C&G 2361 and 2362 ie to the 16th edition of the regs. I would like to know if its possible to get the required certification to test my own work. If yes what is it please?
Silly old person Cornwall

if you are competent to test to 17th ed, then OK.

notifiable domestic work under part p is a different matter. you can certify it, but notification to LABC is horrendously expensive unles you join one of the scams.

Rod, every electrician should know how to test and certify his or her own work.
Get your 17th and 2394 &5 sorted in January and you should be good to go.
You're probably on about notifying work to LABC as required under part p, in which case there are thousands of threads on here on that subject.

Rod, every electrician should know how to test and certify his or her own work.
Get your 17th and 2394 &5 sorted in January and you should be good to go.
You're probably on about notifying work to LABC as required under part p, in which case there are thousands of threads on here on that subject.
Yep OK but I have just wired up our new extension it needs, doesn't it to be tested by some one with the right certification?
Can I get that by passing an exam ?

is the extension subject to building control? if so, as long as you can convince BC that you are qualified and competent, they want a copy of the cert. they usually insist on you having 2382, 17th.

Reply to Qualifications to be able to test and certificaate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net