Discuss qualifications in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RJT_94

-
Reaction score
I have completed a level 2 2330 this year i have had work expericance on site but currently not empolyed i want to be able in time to register on a FULL SCOPE certification scheme as i aim to become a self employed electrician (at lest thats the plan!) but what else do i need to do so of course compitencey but what quslifications do i need i wanted to do the 2330 level 3 next but i understand i need basicly an apprenticeship to do this? my only other option as far as i am awere is a part p course then 17th edition and 2391 test and inspect?

could and oneshed some light on this as it is very confusing with all the diffrent quals.

thanks,

Ryan

You don't need an apprenticeship to do the level 3 2330, with your progress on the 2330 - stick with it and go nowhere near a Part P course.

Complete your 2330 level 3, start work and do your 2394 and 2395 when you are ready and experienced enough. The testing and inspection unit on level 3 (Unit 302) should give you enough confidence to carry out testing for your work, along with the certification to go with it. If you take it all on-board well, you may consider the 2394 to not be needed.

When you've started working, you may wish to look into to the NVQ 3 depending on the work that you do.

You don't need an apprenticeship to do the level 3 2330

Maybe he's talking about the combined 2330 level 3 and NVQ? Which would make sense, at least then he would be able to apply for JIB electricians ticket, if he needed to work on projects in the future...

ive done the 2330 level 2 as a sole course and then have to apply for the level 3 but read on the entry requirements this :
Entry Requirements:
City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 or equivalent and subject to interview.
You willl need to be employed in the electrical installation industry or have significant placement time with a company to enable access to assessment

He is referring to the C&G 2357 which is basically the 2330 lv electrotechnical cert and the 2356 NVQ lv3 combined plus think there is a additional renewables unit

All quals are changing the 2357 was aimed at aprentices or people already working in the industry
but now i here they are bringing in a newer qulaification that will now replace the 2330 not sure of the number but college seemed to know about it if you go on C&G all there courses are listed along with entry requirments and also tells you when last date of registration etc
Not sure now mate if the 2330 ended July it was supposed to march 2011 but was extended
I think 2330 2391 have all now ended for registration but check with C&G and your local college
Widdler may Know if its ended and what new courses have replaced it

good luck

Maybe he's talking about the combined 2330 level 3 and NVQ? Which would make sense, at least then he would be able to apply for JIB electricians ticket, if he needed to work on projects in the future...

Maybe, but that isn't what he has said.

But why would he already be completing the 2330 level 2?

just had a look on the C&G website and the last certification dates are mostly 2014 /2015

one is then end of this year and 2330 07 is that a unit of the 2330 or a seperete qual?

Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Building and Structures) (2330-07)Last registration date: 31/12/2012

heres a link to the page with the list of 2330's Level 3, training course | City & Guilds

looking at that the 2330 has ended also then contact C&G or ring them it will be quicker to get a answer may not be the correct one though
as last year when i was againt rying to get on 2330 was told it was ending 31st march 2011 and kept saying this right up until that day
I was lucky managed to get on a course for lv3 2330
got a phone call from a local college 3.30pm its 10 mile from me and if i could get there they would enroll me i was there quick as possible
then C&G told me SORRY the day after it was the same with the NVQ 2356 i enrolled on that 23rd march 2011 as that to was suppsed to end
Think they are scaremongering you into paying large fees to get you onto courses lol
i wanted to do lV2 as well but was told not to bother as it wouldnt be worth it ?
not my words

Mate all i can say is contact your local provider see if they can squeeze you on lv3 2330
If not sure they wil have a New Qual that it your lv2 can be mapped over to as this is what they were supposed to be doing when they introduced 2357

Last edited:
Ignore my previous post regarding last regiastration date Looks as if they have changed it again

This is the one for Installation (buildings and structures).
For a full list of optional units, download the qualification handbook from the additional documents section.
Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Building and Structures) (2330-07) Last registration date: 31/12/2012Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation (Buildings and Structures)Accreditation number – a reference number related to UK accreditation frameworkAccreditation no: 100/3602/7Qualification type – categorisation to help define qualification attributes e.g. type of assessmentType: VRQCredits – a measure of the size of the qualificationCredits: N/AGuided learning hours – the average contact time a centre would typically commitGuided learning hours: 250 - 250Last certification date – the last date that a certificate can be issuedLast certification date: 31/12/2015

so you have time get on a course now for lv3 mate as they will most certainly all start in sept

yeah mate dont let them fob you off as it wil be last chance
it isnt that hard mate I hadnt done lv2 but was worried I would struggle
But this wasnt the case

Good luck mate

ive done the 2330 level 2 as a sole course and then have to apply for the level 3 but read on the entry requirements this :
Entry Requirements:
City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 or equivalent and subject to interview.
You willl need to be employed in the electrical installation industry or have significant placement time with a company to enable access to assessment

bit harsh that,having to work in the electrcial industry to become an electrcian..

bit harsh that,having to work in the electrcial industry to become an electrcian..

I never said any thing about being harsh about having to be in work, it is proving difficult for me to find any employment in the industry as not many people are willing to comitt to taking on a apprentice for x amount of time when their is no garntees or regular work
so i was looking for other options while i was trying to find some work be it paid or unpaid.

I have completed a level 2 2330 this year i have had work expericance on site but currently not empolyed i want to be able in time to register on a FULL SCOPE certification scheme as i aim to become a self employed electrician (at lest thats the plan!) but what else do i need to do so of course compitencey but what quslifications do i need i wanted to do the 2330 level 3 next but i understand i need basicly an apprenticeship to do this? my only other option as far as i am awere is a part p course then 17th edition and 2391 test and inspect?

could and oneshed some light on this as it is very confusing with all the diffrent quals.

thanks,

Ryan

learn to spell and type properly, that'll be a good start.

I will add further, more positive comments after my dinner, when you have had a chance to digest this, lol.

brucelee,
I contacted JIB, they told me if you finish level3 but you do not have level2, you are not going to get JIB electrician grade. I can easily go to level3 but now I have to spend 1 one studying level2. Please reply if your information is different.

brucelee,
I contacted JIB, they told me if you finish level3 but you do not have level2, you are not going to get JIB electrician grade. I can easily go to level3 but now I have to spend 1 one studying level2. Please reply if your information is different.

I find that hard to beleive, as I only have Level 3 and an Electrician JIB card.

Rich

You know you say you've got level 3 and an electrician jib card, is that NVQ 3 or just 2330/2360 L3? Because I've looked at ecs card website and it says I need NVQ aswell as 2330 L2 & L3.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Reply to qualifications in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock