Discuss Question 2 on Design Project in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hello,

I am just starting my project. I have uploaded the questions.

Questions 2B & C

• Socket for the kettle - each of the tables.
  • Socket for TV - next to the Kettle, as I assume it's not wall mounted.
  • Two single sockets for Laptop/phone to each side of the bed
  • FCU - by the main entrance to the room.
  • FCU for hand towel - outside of the bathroom.
  • Bedroom lighting - next to the main door
  • Bathroom lighting - the outside door of the bathroom
Questions 2d&e

I was thinking each room should have its own CCU.

Questions 2f, g & h

Pool lighting - I have gone for led spotlights from H2 PRO 550 - Collingwood Lighting - https://www.collingwoodlighting.com/index.php/en/products/downlights-halers-range/item/new-h2-pro-550-uk
Cafe/Dining - Pendant: Clifton Pendant - https://www.mullanlighting.com/en/clifton-pendant
Kitchen Area - LED Panel. I did think of track lighting, but I think they would be a lot more expensive, harder to clean.

But if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Attachments

• 2365_and_5357_L3_Assignment_Drawings_v1-0 pdf.pdf
    250.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Question 2 d&e.pdf
    569.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Question 2 fgh.pdf
    388.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Question 2.pdf
    731.9 KB · Views: 56
Thanks I will have a look at the post. I will have a read of the spec again. But I don’t think it mentioned a concrete ceiling. As the only other way I thought was to have wall mounted lights with some around the pool.

Managed to do Q2 and the tutor is happy with it. I’m now on Q3, so I’m just looking at that now. Seems okay.
Hi can u help me Q2 please. How did u draw it. Thanks. If possible can I hv the pictures for my guidance

Hi can u help me Q2 please. How did u draw it. Thanks. If possible can I hv the pictures for my guidance
Please do not ask members to forward project work they have done, the forum is happy to help but you need to explain what part of Q2 you are struggling with and members can then guide you, we don't allow members to pass on exam answers or project work otherwise that defeats the whole point of your tutor setting you these tasks to see if you understand how to do it.

Could we also ask you set up your own thread for this question as you are hijacking someone else's thread here which can lead to multiple conversations and confusion.

I’ve had a look at Q2 again and I changed my Lights for the Pool to High Bay LED Phillips Lights that you can walk mount. As the ceiling is concrete.

But looking at Q4 where you have to do some calculations, it mentions the pool supply as if you have to calculate the pool, sauna, plunge room, and changing rooms. But I’m not sure as I don’t have the full spec to hand whether you can have a number of different lights for the pool and then all the other rooms.

I’ve had a look at Q2 again and I changed my Lights for the Pool to High Bay LED Phillips Lights that you can walk mount. As the ceiling is concrete.

But looking at Q4 where you have to do some calculations, it mentions the pool supply as if you have to calculate the pool, sauna, plunge room, and changing rooms. But I’m not sure as I don’t have the full spec to hand whether you can have a number of different lights for the pool and then all the other rooms.
State on your answer you have made some logical assumptions. as long as your reasoning and calculations are sound you will satisfy the question.

State on your answer you have made some logical assumptions. as long as your reasoning and calculations are sound you will satisfy the question.

That sounds like a good idea. This is what's listed as the Circuit Designation:

• Pool Equipment Supply 1
  • Pool Equipment Supply 2
  • Pool Equipment Supply 3
  • Food Holding Equipment 1
  • Food Holding Equipment 2
  • Food Holding Equipment 3
  • Dishwasher
  • Fridges 1-4
  • Fire Alarm
  • 2 x Vending Machines

I think I will be okay working out the Calculations, it's just finding them in the OSG and 18th Regs. I will give it a go and let you guys know what I have come up with.

Google some specs for the above equipment, reference them to use as a base line. Don’t forgot to show where you got the information from such as supplying manufacturers spec sheets.

Hi guys ,I work at 2365 Hotel project .Can tell someone at what DB connect the circuits from Main Pool Aria .I need to calculate Zs for every circuit and to achieve this I need Ze. Thanks

Reply to Question 2 on Design Project in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock