Discuss R=pl/a and R=R1+R2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bear

-
Reaction score
Hey all, i honestly cant work this out, i think its the way they ask the questions and am not sure whats going where,
am failing on my maths like normal, so i would love it if somebody can show me how to break this question down and how i answer it correctly. (ie. show my working) ;)

Given that the resistance per meter of
2.5MM² cable is 7.41mohms/m at 20ºC ,
What would the approximate R1+R2 reading be at the extreame end
of a 25m long radial socket circuit?

Now the answer is 0.37ohms, and it refernces to R=pl/a and R=R1+R2,

but am not sure where am going wrong or how am calculating it. am i right in thinking that my R=R1+R2.

R=7.41*25/1000, 0.185

Or am i completely wrong here? o_O

Thank you to all that help me out, i know most of my help has come from here and i appreciate it all. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

You need to consider the line and cpc, the 7.41 they are giving is for one conductor. If you have two 2.5 conductors that would be two lots of 7.41 for the line and cpc, in other words 14.82. Try it again with 14.82.

OMG!!!! honestly i feel daft right now, simple answer thanks guys,

so in a question like that its asking for the line and cpc to be calculated together,

thanks

As above, double it.

Edit: Assuming the CPC is also 2.5mm.

so in a question like that its asking for the line and cpc to be calculated together,

thanks
Easy done mate.

thanks
we all have a brain fart now and then. even us old coffin dodgers make mistakes.

Reply to R=pl/a and R=R1+R2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock