Discuss radio / stereo DAB...PLEASE HELP in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tonytee

DIY
Reaction score
Hi I have a shark antenna for my car and It has DAB (digital radio) but my car stereo does not have a DAB socket to connect to it. I have heard that I can connect it via the FM connection (not sure if this is true or not) but if so, can someone please send a link to the adaptor I need to buy so I can get DAB in my car.

Many thank for your help in advance.

DAB is a completely different protocol to FM radio. You need a DAB receiver to decode the digital signals.
So you either need to replace your radio, or buy a DAB converter, which will turn the DAB signal into an FM one, so you can plug the DAB converter output into the FM antenna socket on your current receiver, and tune to its channel.
Then you choose the station on the DAB converter, and your FM radio stays on the same channel all the time.
Either option will probably cost about the same.
There's no cheap way of doing this as far as I know 🙁

Reply to radio / stereo DAB...PLEASE HELP in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hope someone can help 😊. I am looking at running a transformer extension lead behind my dot dab plasterboard wall. My wife bought a Led...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
The symptoms its been having to start with was the fuel gage only working sometimes and when i play music from my phone when a loud song came on...
Replies
Views
I appreciate that @mark641 asked how ferrite cores work here, answered by @Lucien Nunes , but TBH, it is at a deeper level than I need. My...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock