Discuss Rear entry three phase board in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes I don't see why not. Those red, yellow, blue and black conductors at the meter don't appear to be suitably enclosed.

Personally I am usually highly resistant to having concealed cable in commercial/industrial situations as I feel it must be accessible for inspection and testing. I also wonder how you will gland the SWA you are using? As you may know at least one end of the SWA must be earthed/terminated and connected with a fly lead to earth? How do you intend to seal the gaping hole?
The SWA is terminated to a metal box just behind the wooden board and the armour is earthed

Why did the rear entry hole have to be butchered so big and would it not made sense to consider a fire rated material as a backing board/entry grommet such as Paxolin?
There is no issue with the wooden board and there is no issue with a rear entry tho. It all conforms to BS7671

I can cut a hole in the wood boad maybe. Thank you I will make it accessible

I still don't think thats acceptable unless you make it big enough to be able to use spanners to check the tightness of the SWA gland

I would have run the SWA up to the bottom of the CU and glanded it directly to it - less parts, accessible .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Rear entry three phase board in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, So, a friend of mine has a three phase 100a supply and wants to install 2 x three phase 20a fork lift chargers and a three phase car...
Replies
Views
I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, this ones a first for me but weve been asked install and use a three phase supply in a large new build house. The 16 way dis board is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm new to this forum, we are in the process of converting into 12 flats all electric, no gas incl. heating, showers etc. An electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi Looking at a job currently adding a 3 phase solar installation but the distribution board is full obviously a new board is the best option but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock