Discuss reasonably priced multi-function testers? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi everyone just been perusing the old tinternet, looking for best prices on fluke 1600 range.

was wondering if theres some ppl out there who can say the 1653 is defo the best one to go for or is the 1651 and 2 just as good etc.

looking for some general feed back only on the fluke range and whether the 1653 warrants its quite drastic price difference!

cheers

rich

we use the 1653 in work best tester i have ever used imo, on my feedback they brought another and now everyone enjoys using them.

although if your not going to transfer data to pc etc prob not worth getting 1653, not sure if the auto test rcd facility is on the 1651 or 2 im sure someone will confirm, but that is a very very useful thing.

what sort of prices you been quoted m8?

hi just looked on web and the 1652 does auto rcd test, as well as 1653 being pc compatable which to be far isnt that much of a big deal to me as im a sole trader anyway.

the 1653 does however do some sort of earth resistance test (think to do with spikes) and phase sequence test as well but again dont think the earth resistance or phase sequence is something i need to worry about too much?

ive been quoted 600 inc vat from a proper stockist (decided not to bother with flea bay, you never know what your getting half time!)

gona ring me wholesaler in the morning but dont think thayll come up much better, get some nice freebies with it as well like remote probe, fused leads, socket tester and a seperate handheld tester too

think im gonna go for the 1652, bit sad but i get excited looking at it!! lol

cheers

rich

the earth resistance test, is normally a 2 or 3 spike test

You connect to your electrode, and two smaller spikes which you place some distance away

it gives a proper Ra measurement, rather than just the Ze using the earth spike when testing TT's

used to use them all the time, but that was putting up temporary installations with generators

cheers shakey, yeah ive just found out the exact info about it, defo dont think the extra 200 for 1653 is warranted just because of these features, so long as it test me earth at the spike and tells/shows me its all good or bad! then thatll do for me, just keep a couple a litres of pee in the van and pour that on it!! lol

1652 it is i reckon...

cheers

rich

yeah the remote probe is very handy when your testing on your own, let us know what u think of it when u get it m8 :)

got me spankin new 1652 today and gotta say its sexy as hell, simple to use clear to read absolubtly spot on, makes testing enjoyable (for now anyway!) :)

shame it aint got 15mm hole in it too so i could preload it with juice! :D

yes they are a good little machine, wait till you try the auto tripping facility.

have fun with it makes testing more intresting :)

hi,

we have worked with the 1651,52 and 53 and everyone books out the 53, I think its a timeserved thing, none of the old ones want the 51's for some reason.

has anyone tried out any of the other makes

sounds like the old pekking order coming into play! they cant stand someone slightlier lesser having somethin better! lol

Reply to reasonably priced multi-function testers? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock