Discuss Recommendation for new tv in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Best part of the forum to ask?

Gone away for a holiday, and come back to find the girls have bust my telly. (Could have been eldests bf, he’s got a habit of breaking stuff)

It’s a decade old Samsung UE32F5000AK, nothing special, it’s just for Skyq watching in the evenings. There is sound, but no screen. Completely black, not even a faint picture under close up torchlight.
No display. Doesn’t matter what source is used, tried all input sources, and in screen menus… absolutely nothing…. But there is sound. Proper sound from the channel we’re on.

So bite the bucket and buy a new telly. 32” or bigger, but not mega sized. Decent audio, I don’t want to have to buy a soundbar as an extra if I don’t need to.

Recommendations please from the knowledgable out there.

We’ve got a Sony 32” on the wall in another room, plugged into the Xbox…. So will bring that through in the meantime.

I’ll either try and repair this one as a spare or take it to the dump.
Will try not to drop this one on my foot.

H
Best part of the forum to ask?

Gone away for a holiday, and come back to find the girls have bust my telly. (Could have been eldests bf, he’s got a habit of breaking stuff)

It’s a decade old Samsung UE32F5000AK, nothing special, it’s just for Skyq watching in the evenings. There is sound, but no screen. Completely black, not even a faint picture under close up torchlight.
No display. Doesn’t matter what source is used, tried all input sources, and in screen menus… absolutely nothing…. But there is sound. Proper sound from the channel we’re on.

So bite the bucket and buy a new telly. 32” or bigger, but not mega sized. Decent audio, I don’t want to have to buy a soundbar as an extra if I don’t need to.

Recommendations please from the knowledgable out there.

We’ve got a Sony 32” on the wall in another room, plugged into the Xbox…. So will bring that through in the meantime.

I’ll either try and repair this one as a spare or take it to the dump.
Will try not to drop this one on my foot.
Have a look on Ebuyer, Smart Televisions | High Definition & UHD Smart TVs | Ebuyer.com | Ebuyer.com - https://www.ebuyer.com/store/Visual/cat/Televisions?275=Yes they have a decent range of smart TV's, I have used them on an off for years and I have always been happy with their service/stuff.

Reply to Recommendation for new tv in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock