Discuss Recommendations for a decent sds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I use an old Milwaukee core drill.

Safety clutch must have come in the later models.

It munches through anything. :)

i have been using this DeWalt D21570K-GB 1300W Silver Bullet Diamond Core Drill 230V - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-d21570k-gb-1300w-silver-bullet-diamond-core-drill-230v/48374

Great bit of kit for the price, the only down side is that if the walls are damp the safety clutch does cut in (when i feel i could hold it)

edit i know its not a sds :)

For occasional use, I would stick with my Battery Drill.
For regular use, I would either go for cheap as chips and just replace when burnt out, or top of the range Hilti.

This is my choice. I core holes very infrequently so use a £45 B&Q all purpose SDS.

Of course the thing is how long does it take you to get through an average 10 inch brick wall? Takes about 25 mins with my set up. i.e. Makita. I did a 24 inch ayr stone wall and brick. Five hours down low gave up for the day. Next morning all fresh got through in 3 seconds, there was only a few millimetres left, doh!

Of course the thing is how long does it take you to get through an average 10 inch brick wall? Takes about 25 mins with my set up. i.e. Makita. I did a 24 inch ayr stone wall and brick. Five hours down low gave up for the day. Next morning all fresh got through in 3 seconds, there was only a few millimetres left, doh!
Add Vibration White Finger to the mix too...

I'm both poor and tight with money and so, assuming mains power, this has been brilliant. Tool tarts avert you eyes or you may weep. It's a bit weighty but does a great job. The case has a weak hinge, no worse than a Megger MFT though.
Titan TTB278SDS Corded SDS Plus Drill 230-240V - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/titan-ttb278sds-corded-sds-plus-drill-230-240v/97533?tc=AA6&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_5_QBRC9ARIsADVww156roVd8MZjxeSmpagOFwog_G5gwgsBw0azAsA7K2NsItw7CJQjsOIaAsLEEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP6LquzZudcCFWSN7QodN8gN7A
I have some other Titan kit. You have to pick and choose but some is useful and when my van get done I'll use some kid's pocket money to replace the lot.

Last edited:
Titan SDS for coring holes? Seriously?

Core drills ain't that expensive and you should be pricing accordingly for coring the hole in the first place.

Reply to Recommendations for a decent sds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net