Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss reg refresher in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rwood1981

Hi Can anyone confirm what the regs say about socket distances from sink and hob? from memory I have a metre away from centre i my head is this correct?

You may also wish to consider

IP ratings, or think about the environment and use a suitably rated socket/switch dependent on how wet it might get. Or put another way, make sure the standard socket/switch is far enough away that it's IP rating is correct. Thanks.

Reply to reg refresher in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Looking to refresh the MCB and RCCB (100A 30mA) units to my 20 year old Contactum P12/100N CU installed in my house. I have presently a...
Replies
Views
Hi, need more advise as getting two different views from electricians. Ty Detached double garage 10m from house, split equally into garden room...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Fairly new to the forum I think I'm in the right thread. I'm hoping to get some advice. I originally served my apprenticeship as...
Replies
Views
A recent thread on the suitability of a cable supplied preinstalled on a manufactured floodlight/pump had me wondering a few things. Over the...
Replies
Views
I have a socket in by bathroom vanity unit, .75m away from the edge of the bath. The vanity is completely enclosed with a sink on top and doors...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock