Discuss Replace Fuse in Fiat Ducato in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We have a Motorhome
There is a starter battery in the Fiat Ducato (prime mover)
There are 2 deep cycle House Batteries.
The Starter battery is connected to the House batteries via a VSR (Voltage sensitive Relay) which enables the alternator to charge the house batteries when the starter battery is fully charged.
Recently the Starter battery died and to get it going we had to jump start it resulting in blowing the 150 amp battery mounted fuse. If I want to replace this fuse like for like I need to replace it with a MRBF (Marine Rated Battery Fuse) Photo link below

(Had to exclude the link due to restrictions in the forum)

There is limited room within the well where the battery is installed (under the passenger floor) however a fuse similar to the below link (plus a fuse case) would fit more easily than the original MRBR

(Had to exclude the link due to restrictions in the forum

My questions:

1) Why would the installer (unknown) use a MRBF (its waterproof) in a motorhome and is it necessary to replace it like for like?
2) Would the alternative mentioned above be an appropriate replacement? (After all its still a 150 amp fuse.)

My thoughts are that I could use the alternative as a replacement but I am not an expert.

Hopefully there is an expert out there who can give me some advice.

Many thanks

Reply to Replace Fuse in Fiat Ducato in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Vhicle: Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Petrol. 24/9/2021 The original battery died and was replaced: I'll put that down to old age. It was replaced...
Replies
Views
About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
I have an older house that was built in stages back around 1960 as far as I can surmise. Highly suspect that the entire house was a DIY job. I've...
Replies
Views
Need some help please. Got a brain teaser for my first post. My pool pump motor cratered over 4th of July. It was working fine and started to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Clipsal consumer unit with two "ways" unused and blanked off and potentially a third available as the Proteus Geyer B16 MCB is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock