Discuss replacing consumer unit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Justinsane

Hi, I'm replacing a consumer unit on an installation which has economy seven storage heaters. The fuse board for them is an old cartridge fuse wylex which is fed from tails split out of henleys. I think it was the original box which got left in when the "new one" was put in during the 80's. Its a TT installation with no RCD.
I have never wired up economy 7 before, do i need to replace both boxes or can i just replace with one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

cheers,
Justin

Some manufacturers make a 'dual tariff' board which allows peak circuits and off peak circuits to share the same enclosure.

They are configured one above the other, so if space is a premium then it may not fit.

Not sure how expensive they are tho.

Reply to replacing consumer unit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok, most new Consumer unit seem to come with a 63A RCCB and two MCBs. Most house consumer units now will also have RCD of some type be it a dual...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the middle of purchasing a small 1 bed flat in England, and have been sent a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate by the...
Replies
Views
HI My flat just failed the EICR because there is no RCD in the consumer unit. There is no space for a new RCD as the consumer unit is full. Do I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock