Discuss Replacing one breaker with another in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

thailen

DIY
Reaction score
I have a Square D panel for my apartment with following breakers: 1 double 40,2 double 30's and 4 single 20. One of the 20's controls a convection cooking panel, a small toaster, an 11 watt microwave, living room lights, n HDTV and my Internet. When all the above are on, during the past few days, that breaker tripped. can I just replace it with 30 amp breaker?

It seems that circuit is doing too much - the lights, TV and internet router are small loads but the three cooking devices will surely add up to more than 20A. In general the breaker will be sized to the wiring and cannot be increased without risk of the wiring overheating. Sounds like an additional circuit might be needed in that area of the house?

Reply to Replacing one breaker with another in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m planning a 240V welder circuit in a detached garage with a 100A sub panel. For the 160A or 180A output welders I’m looking at, the conductor...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon - we're considering adding an additional breaker to our "main service panel" which is where the meter is located. That panel has 6...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , Happy 4th I had a 15 amp breaker trip in my panel when my mother was running her sewing machine. She flipped the breaker back but later...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock