Discuss Rewiring dog kennels need advice on extraction and ventilation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Fairly straight forward one this time,

I’ve recently been to a protection dog training place and got the old megger out long story short the megger wasn’t out long and a full rewire is on the cards

I’m sound with everything for the design that’s not the issue, just trying to figure out the vent and extraction side the kennels are In blocks as follows

A 8 kennels
B 9
C 3 and 2
D 6
E external kennels so not worried

looking for Anyone with solid advice as I’m stumped

I’m sound with everything for the design that’s not the issue, just trying to figure out the vent and extraction side the kennels are In blocks as follows

A 8 kennels
B 9
C 3 and 2
D 6
E external kennels so not worried

looking for Anyone with solid advice as I’m stumped
so I'm I , post a design up so we can see what is feasible.

You might have to ask around for H&V folk who do work on farms, vets, etc, as I have no idea what sort of ventilation rates are needed for animal enclosures. I expect they are much the same as for us 2-legged animals, but it might be very different!

As above, speak to a dedicated HVAC company, also seek advise from local authority as the premises will be a licensed premises of sorts, there may be guidance on/around the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963 and it's modern-day counterpart; The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving
Animals) (England) Regulations 2018. Specifically around air changes, temperature and circulation.

Local authorities often have guidance documents, I know Wigan & Glamorgan have one for this specifically. (Search 'dog kennel Ventilation requirements' and it's results 4 and 10 respectively), you may also find DEFRA useful if you're really stuck.

Reply to Rewiring dog kennels need advice on extraction and ventilation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net