Discuss Rgb led wiring in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I have successfully installed 30 meters of led strips in my room, at first i had 10 meters connected to my pc motherboard and used my pc rgb output to make the leds color on music etc. but now with 30 meters this is not possible anymore because the max output watt of the rgb header is 24w. besides that i also have 2 meter of 144 leds per meter strips running behind my pc and these are now connected on this header. I'm trying to find a way to use the 30 strip together with the 2 meters of backlit rgb on the rgb header. I did some research and found a rgb repeater of some sort. but I'm scared that this will damage the rgb header on my pc. or does it?

the second problem I'm struggling with is that for now i use a rgb controller that i can control with my phone (30m strip). I dont really want to turn my pc on and off because this strip is also kind of my room lightning. im already using a raspberry pi with some code to receive controller inputs from the original controller it came with the leds (this so i can use my app on my phone and also the physical rgb controller to change colors). how could i use a relay or something else to let my raspberry pi switch the led input (from pc header to rgb controller and back).

~Jort

TL;DR
does using a rgb strip repeater damage my pc rgb header?

Reply to Rgb led wiring in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock