Discuss Risk Assessment in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Yet another set piece for homework!

I've been asked to do a risk assessment of my last place of employment.

Now, I was going to do one based on my dive experience but thought, seeing as how that wasn't my last job:eek: I'd better do one on the site I did.

Does anyone have a copy of a risk assessment they use that I could amend to my own? Or indeed a risk assessment that I could just use.

Therefore enabling me to finish my homework now and be able to watch Pan's Labyrinth on Channel 4 at 9pm. :D

OK Bane - after taking the p over your last homework assignment, I will offer something more practical here - although you are probably watching C4 by now!

Try this link:
Risk management: Five steps to risk assessment

All risk assessments are based on this simple 5 step formula. However, many electrical contracting firms will use a menu of risk assessments to apply to different jobs. For example, if you are fitting an outside light on your own, you would brief on the following risk assessments:
working alone
working at height
use of ladders
use of power tools
use of hand tools
isolating live circuits
and so on....

To do your own risk assessment of your last place of employment identify the risks (risk of harm or injury that could be actual or potential risks), if the risk cannot be eliminated, then look at what you can do to minimise the risks.

H & S is a really massive subject, consider the potential risks of making a cup of tea (electric shock, weight of the filled kettle, boiling water, steam, pulling the lead accidentally...) and you realise that risk assessments can become very time consuming.

Oh and good luck with your assignment.

Bane

send me your email and will get one on its way to you. Spend half my life doing the feckin things!

Reply to Risk Assessment in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock