Discuss Sad day. Neon the budgie in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Just like monty python’s parrot, that’s the feathered fluff ball finally fell from her perch.
Woke this morning to find Neon on the bottom of the cage. 2 distraught girls before school.
Well, 1 distraught, the other ones a teenager so more “meh”
Not told the 19 year old yet. She’ll be in bits just like their mum.
3 Guinea pigs, 2 rabbits and a dog still here.
5 and a half years for a budgie. Not too bad.

Sad day. Neon the budgie 99A4BDC0-6C0A-4C4B-9310-0CA69BAD3B7D - EletriciansForums.net

We had a hamster that escaped three times due to very poor care on our part. First occasion found in cavity wall. Second occasion on shelf in larder and third occasion two very perplexed dogs looking at their water bowl with said hamster drinking from it. Eventually found dead in cage after a couple of years. How to we break this to our son, wife says? Son aged about 7 or 8 at the time. Me calls son over, picks dead hamster up which is also rock hard due to rigour mortise. Shows son and taps the hamster on the side of cage. ‘ I think Bolt (that’s the name of the hamster) has died.’ ‘Shall we bury him?’ Straight out into garden...job done :p Always sad when you lose a pet:(

sorry to hear that the budgie fell of the tree ,and its now in budgie heaven, I bet it wished
that it could fly to the open sky before it was kept in a cage , bloody hell them birds should be in place so it could cheep to other birds .not in a cage .who's a pretty bird then .

Buzz, it’s not ideal keeping bird or rodent pets in cages, but we have to to stop them flying/running away.
(And to protect them from the bigger animals)

Neon was an addition to 2 other budgies we had, but one died soon after getting her.
The other lasted 18 months or so.

R.I.P Neon the budgie.
Our budgie was my 1st bereavement as a kid , I whistled to an empty corner for about a month.
(had gerbils next-they do the "Night shift!"-Much more tactile)
- Neon fish are a different story -

Reply to Sad day. Neon the budgie in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock