Discuss Samsung S8+ .............25 characters or more ARGHH in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So Got my new upgrade yesterday and I have to say I am impressed so far Very smooth Phone.
Nice large 6.2 infinity screen, Face recognition unlock. I've only had it a day so can't give too much of a review but so far so good, I upgraded from the s7 edge so I am already an Android fan anyway.
Anyone else Getting or got the same and if so what are your thoughts.

i'm still on S6. are you selling the S7?

i'm still on S6. are you selling the S7?
Sorry Mate, Our lass Grabbed it before I had switched the new one on lol.

@westward10 I think you will be impressed mate, The face recognition is great, rather than having a pin to open you can use either your face-fingerprint or even Iris

I have the s8, upgraded from the s7 too, it's an amazing phone, not a fan of the fingerprint sensor placement as I prefer to use the fingerprint sensor, but other than that it is an amazing phone the screen is beautiful

I have the s8, upgraded from the s7 too, it's an amazing phone, not a fan of the fingerprint sensor placement as I prefer to use the fingerprint sensor, but other than that it is an amazing phone the screen is beautiful

Totally agree about the fingerprint location it was a lot more user-friendly on the front as opposed to the back. The face recognition is a cool touch though.

Do you mean iris scanner as if i remember rightly my s7 had face recognition/unlock. Yeah the fingerprint sensor was a lot more easy to use on the s7 but still my method of choice.

I still have the S6 Edge and it works wonders for me, still has curved sexy edges and the camera is awesome.

I've kept it in real good condition, hardly any bumps or scratches on it at all, I've just rolled on to a sim only contract and will keep the phone until it dies, but i do like the S8 a lot!

Do you mean iris scanner as if i remember rightly my s7 had face recognition/unlock. Yeah the fingerprint sensor was a lot more easy to use on the s7 but still my method of choice.

No I must confess I didn't realise the s7 had face recognition, Just going to check it now though.

@Baker1988 Just checked my S7 edge which is now our lasses and it doesn't have face Rec. it only has either pattern/ pin or print.

Yeah I just looked online as I don't have the s7 now and apparently it was removed as they found out it was not safe enough, which I didn't know but when I first got. It it did have it, but under the option for smart lock is where it use to be but now it not there but there are other ways like voice detection to unlock it still

I did hear about someone getting into a phone useing face detection with just a life size photo of them, that may have been why it was removed. Use the iris scanner it's a lot more secure than face detection.

daren't have a phone with face detection. my mush would probably crack the screen.

My lad has one,set up iris scanner on day one...tilt screen 3D viewing is pretty cool.

Touch screen is no good for me...me square iron digit would go straight through it...

Will stick to iron-age waterproof Samsung :)

There is another downside too, it failed all its drop tests and cracks big style, make sure you get it a good robust case and not a cheap flimsy one... a lot of money to ruin on your first drop.

Reply to Samsung S8+ .............25 characters or more ARGHH in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net