Discuss SB 4000TL - excess power in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

claypole

The Sunny Boy 4000TL spec gives max dc power in 4200w. Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens when your array size is greater than 4.2kwp? Or more specifically when the dc power in actually exceeds 4.2kwp. Sunny Design result for 4.9kwp is more than acceptable, because presumably the array is harvesting more energy for 90% of the time and will only rarely peak above 4.2kwp. But what does the inverter do at these times? Does it simply clip the power (in which case where does this power go?), does it shut down? or does it somehow electronically feather it by rapidly switching on/off (forgive my lack of technical language). And further, would this process result in a shortened life for the inverter?

Reply to SB 4000TL - excess power in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Newbie so forgive me if asking stupid questions. We have a 3 phase supply to the property and a 3 phase meter although only 2 phases are in use...
Replies
Views
C
The Sunny Boy 4000TL spec gives max dc power in 4200w. Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens when your array size is greater than 4.2kwp? Or...
Replies
Views
flamefix
F
C
My installation has just been completed. I have 16 x Hyundai HIS-250MG panels connected in 2 x 8 strings to a Sunny Boy SB 3000TL-20. This...
Replies
Views
powervan
P
Hi. We are being quoted at the moment for a 4kW PV install, with 16 x Sanyo HIT250 panels. Roof is approx 45 degrees and south facing. Location...
Replies
Views
S
Hi I am not yet MCS but I have C&G2372 and I am a little rusty :o , and have designed a system using currently available gear. The design is as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock