Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Scottish Fica Test Motors in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of a heads up for what to expect in the motors section of the F.I.C.A (Final integrated competency assessment) test which im planning to sit in the coming months. Its not something Im very familiar with in my workplace.

Replies appreciated cheers

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Where you sitting the test? I did mine at tullos in aberdeen and when i did it all the containment and equipment was mounted in the booth already. You just had to follow the wiring diagram that you are given. Make sure you number every wire though! When i did it also you had to gland an sy cable for the motor supply so make sure you know how to make it off and gland properly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where you sitting the test? I did mine at tullos in aberdeen and when i did it all the containment and equipment was mounted in the booth already. You just had to follow the wiring diagram that you are given. Make sure you number every wire though! When i did it also you had to gland an sy cable for the motor supply so make sure you know how to make it off and gland properly.
Cheers for the quick reply.

Sitting it in Cambuslang in glasgow, oh okay so it literally is just following the diagram much like you would do in college for example ? Aye ive read that you have to gland an SY, im confident with that so that should be okay.

Thanks again!

polo1

-
Arms
Your college has probably given you a diagrammatic of the motor control circuit, the FICA is exactly the same. The final connection to the motor is in SY (the rest is in singles), from the trunking to a metal junction box.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Scottish Fica Test Motors in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom