Discuss Scrap.....is it worth it haha!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rikki Barrett

Heres one for ya.

At work today in a highrise, company I do work for have re-wired whole of block, laterals and flats etc. Got sent to cleat some SWA to ceiling and some snagging in flats. Met with another guy who I have with before, finished snagging flats and started cleating. Hes told me theres loads of scrap down here they aint pulled out, so he starts pulling it out and I carry on cleating.............Im working away and BANG!!! I turn round and theres smoke everywhere and sparks.

My first thought was obviously ''what was that''', hes dead, but he was still standing, VERY STILL!!!

Hes got his claw hammer out,levering off the galvanised trunking, clawing this cable and hes NIPPED THE LIVE CABLE going into a flat.60A!!! I heard there washing machine winding down from outside!!!

Obviously the fuse went and he was lucky, new rifle boards been put in, loads of spare fuses!!!

I didnt let it go all day...........funny..........but not funny???!!!!

Not funny n I wouldnt be workin alongside him again next time he "Bangs " something he could knock you into something live

i used to work as a logistics manager for a central heating supplier
we moved into a new warehouse and i was supervising/ liaising with the landlords for the refurb of the new warehouse and offices. as well as putting some of our stock in.

was a huge old steel tubes place 6/7 cranes still in there but decommissioned shed loads of old machinery had been removed. most of the old supply had gone by the time i came in in the last stages but still fair bit left in runs along the crane runs so the sparks came in one sat morn to scoop up some of it.
they were in there all morn got a fair bit but not exactly huge amount which id planned to swipe myself ;)

came in on the monday to see the comms guy fuming

theyd managed to chop through his fibre-optic in half a dozen places which he had laid all along the the crane runs to the 3 warehouse offices around the warehouse and promptly accused me of tatting which i obviously refuted informing him of the there activitys, to which a huge smile broadened his fizog as he then proceeded to drop them init with a lil word from me to the project manager and charge 150% on top of his initial to reinstall at there expense claiming it was delaying his next job even though he told me later he had nowt on for the next 2 weeks:D from which i got a nice lil drinkypoos:D

the offenders came bak in a few days later scowling and asked one of the young lads working for me whod 'grassed em up' to which the lad started laughing and pointed me out across the warehouse to which im told he swiftly turned round and scarpered :D me bein 6'2 16 stone and at the time carrying a 2m 40 kilo rad on one shoulder:eek: :D

as the title states 'was it worth it'

Reply to Scrap.....is it worth it haha!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net