Discuss Screen protection on instruments in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R-fur

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The original screen protection stickers that stop the screen from getting scratched on my multimeter and insulation tester were starting to fall off. As an experiment I bought a packet of cheap mobile phone screen protectors, cut them to size and fitted them to the meters. That was a few months ago and they still look like new. Obviously it has to be the cheap plastic screen protectors not the expensive conductive glass ones.
Anyone else tried this?

I recently took off the original screen covering from a laptop, and I hadn't realised how bright the colours could be...it had been on since I bought it 7 years ago!
If you have an expensive bit of kit, and use it on site in dirty and dusty conditions, a condom is a useful thing to have in your wallet.

For hobby automotive use I have a short ring of lemonade bottle.
On one of my posher DMMs.
-- I feel as bad as one of those McDonalds -cheapskate- Ads --
(a few near misses with welding splatter / angle grinder spray !)
I'm in R-furs camp for replacement screen protectors in more public locations . Phones and tablets -Bonus-

Reply to Screen protection on instruments in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

W
Hi All, I hope I am posting this in the right forum, assuming that I am allowed to advertise items for sale here at all (sorry if this is the...
Replies
Views
wulfruna77
W
For Sale Megger part p kit. This consists of seperate test units to conduct Live and Dead testing. LRCD210 Loop and RCD Tester...
Replies
Views
F
Hi People, I was at a friends house on Saturday as he has just bought the property about a month ago. Anyway I was there to clear out the loft...
Replies
Views
Please list the tools you'd buy if you started out again and I'll grab the lot in a few months and make a new starters toolbox list topic thing...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
R
Well almost! Hi all, I am new to the forum (excellent by the way) and this is my first post so be gentle. It is long so please excuse that but I...
Replies
Views
desertbootz
D

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock