Discuss Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As electricians you can justify tools as essential purchases :laughing:

I try to make sure the right tool is available for every job that arises, but £160 for 11 spanners has proven something of a stretch :blush: I'm determined to find a way of getting through 2365, AM2 and 2391, despite having nowhere to do them locally, so tool purchases have increased over the last year in preparation :innocent:

Tools seem a bit of a bad habit for sparks , I have purchased tools that I don’t really need or rarely use.
i have duplicates of quite a few tools as well.
screwdrivers used to be my impulse purchase if on offer.
at one stage I had over 50 insulated screwdrivers.
i have recently had a massive clear-out and only have my Wera interchange set and 5 c.k screwdrivers now...

Tools seem a bit of a bad habit for sparks , I have purchased tools that I don’t really need or rarely use.
i have duplicates of quite a few tools as well.
screwdrivers used to be my impulse purchase if on offer.
at one stage I had over 50 insulated screwdrivers.
i have recently had a massive clear-out and only have my Wera interchange set and 5 c.k screwdrivers now...
Screwdriver Tart then DD?

yes I was , had blooming loads of em at one stage

not so much now , and as I say I recently sold over 40 of my insulated screwdrivers as they were literally just collecting dust :(
I still have some of my Stanley wooden handled jobbies from when I first started, no 24 I think they were called. NOT FOR SALE though, go and have a look at them every so often, yes I have tool addiction seriously, especially screwdrivers, no treatment available currently on offer, how did you break the habbit?

I still have some of my Stanley wooden handled jobbies from when I first started, no 24 I think they were called. NOT FOR SALE though, go and have a look at them every so often, yes I have tool addiction seriously, especially screwdrivers, no treatment available currently on offer, how did you break the habbit?

I just bit the bullet during lockdown sorted everything into 2 big piles

Pile 1 - what i actually use

Pile 2 - what I haven’t used in months (years)

pile 2 went on eBay

its no big deal really , some items I honestly hadn’t used in years...

the only thing I won’t part with is my grandads old electricians knife which is engraved with his name and date he was issued it

I just bit the bullet during lockdown sorted everything into 2 big piles

Pile 1 - what i actually use

Pile 2 - what I haven’t used in months (years)

pile 2 went on eBay

its no big deal really , some items I honestly hadn’t used in years...

the only thing I won’t part with is my grandads old electricians knife which is engraved with his name and date he was issued it
Know how you feel Mate, I flogged a lot of tools on here but couldn't get rid of the early issued stuff, Sparkie's knife, Stanley drivers, Eliot Lucas Pliers, and some early American Klein stuff I bought when I was working over the Pond.

Know how you feel Mate, I flogged a lot of tools on here but couldn't get rid of the early issued stuff, Sparkie's knife, Stanley drivers, Eliot Lucas Pliers, and some early American Klein stuff I bought when I was working over the Pond.

personal stuff (inherited or passed down) I hang on to , along with perhaps some limited edition stuff...
i Literally only have now my basic sparky tool kit , 1 of everything I need and that’s it.
i went from 3 full tool boxes down to 1 box and 1 pouch

Oh no...I did it again

Just ordered a some Milwaukee & Klein insulated drivers

at least its my birthday later this month so can justify the impulse purchase as a birthday present to myself

I will give em a bash and let you know what I think of em....

nobody'smentioned Snap-on... takes all sorts of bits, magnetic, realy smooth ratchet action, can even get a VDE shaft for it. and guaranteed for life. can't do without mine:
View attachment 59532

I worked with a sparks who used a snap-on ratchet screwdriver for practically everything..including doing consumer units etc
i lost my ratchet driver ages ago and just haven’t bothered to replace it...might have a sniff around eBay for a snap-on ratchet, if I can get one at a reasonable price
[automerge]1594973022[/automerge]
Just looked , roughly 60£ ish for a decent condition second hand snap-on ratchet...a bit too much to justify buying one as I already just spent 20 odd quid on a klein & milwakee drivers to try out...

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new ratchet driver. Think I'll go for Wera though as I've been impressed with my recent Wera purchases.

Reply to Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock