• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Blue tape on the shafts?
Yeh. Thatll stop them stealing them.

Maybe this fella works in food processing.

I think if i was to have a youtube channel... i'd film the work ive done.... or highlight a specific product i install.... not "look how many screwdrivers i've got!"

Blue tape on the shafts?
Yeh. Thatll stop them stealing them.

Maybe this fella works in food processing.

I think if i was to have a youtube channel... i'd film the work ive done.... or highlight a specific product i install.... not "look how many screwdrivers i've got!"
Nothing wrong with admiring screwdrivers at all, you ought to see mine, mind you they are not as well preserved as the ones shown.

I used to have a massive collection of insulated screwdrivers , well over 50. I had ck , irazola , bahco , Stanley , Draper , Wera , wiha etc.
all accumulated over 20+ years.
during this lockdown I bundled up all the odd ones and duplicate ones & sold them on eBay As a job lot. Got 40£ for the lot...

Meh....no Boddingtons or ITL. What sort of collection is that. ;)

those are possibly the only 2 brands I can think of that I never tried...
I did have some ITL cable croppers.

i also had a Klein and Kew technic screwdrivers was well , plus some random own brand rubbish like silver line and Homebase own brand etc

i also had a Klein and Kew technic screwdrivers was well , plus some random own brand rubbish like silver line and Homebase own brand etc

Have you tried Gedore, king dick, Stahlwillie Dusty? These are up there with the best

Have you tried Gedore, king dick, Stahlwillie Dusty? These are up there some say better then the Wera, Wiha etc. All German quality

I have had Some tools by all those manufacturers , not necessarily screwdrivers. King dick & Gedore I mainly associate with Spanners sets I had years ago.
stahlwille are nice and I quite like the orange handles make them look a bit different than the traditional red/yellow vde tools.

my dad used to have a nice set of Steadfast insulated screwdrivers which are basically normal screwdrivers with a plastic sleeve over the shaft of the drive up to the handle area...

Used ITL when I was working for a DNO and stuck with them when I got out, their side cutters are a bit cumbersome though. The Boddingtons are a nice tool , very comfortable handles.

Used ITL when I was working for a DNO and stuck with them when I got out, their side cutters are a bit cumbersome though. The Boddingtons are a nice tool , very comfortable handles.

yes , the ITL croppers i had were very chunky big handles , they were good but the handles were too big for my hands.
i much prefer slimmer handle grips like ck & knipex cutters..

are ITL screwdrivers any good...?

Last edited:
yes , the ITL croppers i had were very chunky big handles , they were good but the handles were too big for my hands.
i much prefer slimmer handle grips like ck & knipex cutters..

are ITL screwdrivers any good...?
They are very good ,although the later style tips on the flat screwdrivers (they went from chromed to oil blacked with a strange profile ) are a bit thick to fit in some slotted screws. Completely agree on the cutters ,Knipex all the way for me.

Attachments

• Screwdriver addict... 1FD46A8B-BCA2-4699-ABAE-BC125DCAA669 - EletriciansForums.net
    1FD46A8B-BCA2-4699-ABAE-BC125DCAA669.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 34

Reply to Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back