Discuss Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If I can pick one up for £25-30 on eBay I will get meself one and give it a bash...
i see they do limited edition pink version , so might buy it for the wife for Christmas...;)
[automerge]1595156250[/automerge]
On a side note my Klein & milwakee insulated screwdrivers I ordered should arrive tomorrow so I will try them for a week and give my opinion on them.
never tried Klein or milwakee Insulated screwdrivers Before,
I did have a Klein normal screwdriver once upon a time before I lost it...

well my parcel arrived today, 3 Klein slotted and 2 milwakee pozi drivers.
the kleins have a decent grip so reckon they will be good to use but the milwakee feel rock hard , smooth and quite slippy...
see how they go , but reckon the miwakee will end up on ebay

well my parcel arrived today, 3 Klein slotted and 2 milwakee pozi drivers.
the kleins have a decent grip so reckon they will be good to use but the milwakee feel rock hard , smooth and quite slippy...
see how they go , but reckon the miwakee will end up on ebay
Yeah the Milwaukee ones are rebranded cheap rubbish. They honestly feel like the Aldi ones.

Yeah the Milwaukee ones are rebranded cheap rubbish. They honestly feel like the Aldi ones.

more than likely , they feel like generic cheap screwdrivers you get in a pack from Aldi For a fiver.
the grip is horrible and plasticy.
only paid like 3 quid each as they were on offer

basically, yes. the only problem with the soft-grip version is that the cap falls off when using it and spare bits in the handle fall out, usually never to be seen again.
upside is guaranteed for life. i had the ratchet fail on one. snap-on rep fixed in his van in 15 minutes. FOC.

im just going to bid on a snap on and just noticed not all are the same size Shaft.
standard screwdriver bits are a 1/4 inch bit...?
are all snap on are 1/4 inch ??? I don’t want to end up with some funky American size I can’t get bits for

Last edited:
snap-on drivers are 1/4" square shaft into handle and standard hexagonal bits like any other interchangeable bit driver. however i think you can get shafts with 1/4" sq. end for use with sockets. the pic in my post 57 appears to be this. the shafts are interchangeable so buy one with the hex end for bits as you can get hex to sq, adaptors, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Well the milwakee screwdrivers ended up in the bin , the small 3mm slotted tip snapped after about 2 uses...
absolute garbage , how Milwaukee can put there name to these screwdrivers beggers belief...

snap-on drivers are 1/4" square shaft into handle and standard hexagonal bits like any other interchangeable bit driver. however i think you can get shafts with 1/4" sq. end for use with sockets. the pic in my post 57 appears to be this. the shafts are interchangeable so buy one with the hex end for bits as you can get hex to sq, adaptors, if that makes sense.

thank Tel...

if you were going to buy w snap on ratchet screwdriver would you opt for the soft grip or hard plastic handle...?

thank Tel...

if you were going to buy w snap on ratchet screwdriver would you opt for the soft grip or hard plastic handle...?
soft grip is nicer to use, but the cap falls off losing the stored bits in the handle. hard plastic has a more secure cap and is easier to wipe off when sweaty hands have been gripping it. just a matter of choice. overall, think i prefer the older style hard grip. buy a weird colour so easy to spot.

soft grip is nicer to use, but the cap falls off losing the stored bits in the handle. hard plastic has a more secure cap and is easier to wipe off when sweaty hands have been gripping it. just a matter of choice. overall, think i prefer the older style hard grip. buy a weird colour so easy to spot.

I have seen quite a few soft grip versions on ebay for sale with missing end cap , these are much cheaper due to it missing...
can you still use the driver comfortably with the cap missing ?

New Milwaukee screwdrivers out now

I have seen quite a few soft grip versions on ebay for sale with missing end cap , these are much cheaper due to it missing...
can you still use the driver comfortably with the cap missing ?
you can use it no problem. a replacement cap from snap-on is not more than a few squid. mine broke one of the lugs off ( it's like a bayonet fit on the soft grip ). replaced under warranty no question.

New Milwaukee screwdrivers out now

if they are anything like their insulated ones which look very similar , then they won’t be very good

Pete

i have 3 lots of drivers but not the same makes

some old ck drivers , a Wera interchange set (only the basic set) & my recent addition a basic set of kleins

not sure why someone would have 3 sets of the same drivers ??

Pete

i have 3 lots of drivers but not the same makes

some old ck drivers , a Wera interchange set (only the basic set) & my recent addition a basic set of kleins

not sure why someone would have 3 sets of the same drivers ??
Not really sure why someone needs 3 sets either Mate, you do have Toolitis really bad, bit like me I suppose. I'm equally as bad as you DD. LOL

Reply to Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock