Discuss Service Bag recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can't imagine you doing your crimbo shopping, it must be months of agonising torture choosing between the red and slightly off red alarm clock, the 100mm and the 80mm driver blade length, the tan shorts and black shoes vs the black shorts and tan shoes...

Seriously mate just pick a bag you like the look of and click buy. It's not going to do anything at all for you, it's just a bag to carry your crap in. You won't know whether you like it til you buy it and give it a whirl.

I am fully aware that it’s a bag to carry tools in. But there is no harm in getting feedback, good or bad as there is a vast number of sparks on here that may have used one of those bags at some point in their career. They may even be able to give you some advice on it. As there is nothing worse than buying something and it’s ?

I recently picked up a Keter hard tool case to use as my day to day service box for call-outs , it is now full of hole saws and arbors and junk

time for me to get a another new service bag

toughbuilt pouch for all small hand tools. handles most needs for calo-outs.
Amazing value for money .I use a smaller version on a belt to carry what I am actually using on a job. So in some cases I am only needing 4-5 tools and some earth sheaf . So no need to transport my stanley bucket around .BUT ..... have you seen the prices in the US for this company... its super amazing cheap there

I’ve seen this online. Seller wants £50

Attachments

• 75600270-5B09-434B-A3C7-22DAF1557300.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3AAC4680-0A88-45F0-BAE4-E643BFA91EC8.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100970FF-BD65-451B-96C6-DCC84909DA25.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 15
  • BAEBB2BD-D930-48C9-B3D8-24B5444CD384.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 9C451A00-E383-44B2-9074-1674DCDB7C87.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 14
  • EA31AC4C-20B2-4F38-BF18-9D246467BEF4.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 17
I’ve seen this online. Seller wants £50
Horses for courses, but I can't see why I'd offer more than a fiver for that!

I started with a bucket. I then upgraded to a 2nd bucket a different colour.
I now have one Stanley FatMax, one Lidl foldout toolbox (that has lasted 12 years and counting) and my trusty old buckets.
The rest goes in tidy boxes and a small fold-out trolley and some bungees transport it.

The modern fashion of having designer toolboxes is rather lost on me I'm afraid!

Horses for courses, but I can't see why I'd offer more than a fiver for that!

I started with a bucket. I then upgraded to a 2nd bucket a different colour.
I now have one Stanley FatMax, one Lidl foldout toolbox (that has lasted 12 years and counting) and my trusty old buckets.
The rest goes in tidy boxes and a small fold-out trolley and some bungees transport it.

The modern fashion of having designer toolboxes is rather lost on me I'm afraid!

I know what you mean. £130 brand new for that bag. It looks as though it’s been battered. I think I will go with the Facom Maintenance Bag as I can fit what I need on it and also manuals and paperwork.

It was lost on me as well, until I started trailing tools in and out of different vehicles and across significant distances in getting to sites. There's certainly a significant element of ----ing contest involving tools and storage, but some of the new stuff is well made and ticks many boxes where pragmatism is concerned.

I asked myself 3 questions before buying a set of boxes with wheels:
1. Does it do what I need it to?
2. Is it robust enough to last a decent amount of time?
3. Is it worth the money? (I find this particularly tough when sums greater than £10 are involved).

It was lost on me as well, until I started trailing tools in and out of different vehicles and across significant distances in getting to sites. There's certainly a significant element of ----ing contest involving tools and storage, but some of the new stuff is well made and ticks many boxes where pragmatism is concerned.
There is certainly some wisdom in that! Thanks.

Have you one to sell? It is battered tbh, just thought I would get some opinions on it.
Don't buy it. It's a battered old tool bag. My honest offer to them would be 10 quid, and if they accepted I still wouldn't be sure if I actually wanted it. Plenty of good ones available for less than that new

I have had some many bags and boxes and totes over the years from 5 quid plastic tote to 50 quid ck bags and they all do the same job and inevitably they all end up filled up with junk and screws

my favourite things I had as a dewalt leather pouch and heavy belt which i used on site , but it got nicked from site when i put it down to nip to the shops

I have a habit of going through tools once a month especially the one i dont use often .Charge thing, clean things and hoover out tool cases and bags etc etc .I cant stand dirty tools

Reply to Service Bag recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net