Discuss Setting up Ubiquiti WAP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys
(sorry if wrong forum!)

Priced for a couple of jobs now where we are going to do the complete job on installing WAPs, normally leave hooking it all up to the 'TV/ Data man.'

Have couple of these on order:

Question is.....
Can I set it all up from having the Ubiquiti app on my iPhone ?
Or does it need to done from Client/ end users phone app.

Sure will be couple of other question on this ;-)

Thanks Sy

I've not used those before but other makes will allow any user to log in and do stuff as long as they have the specific information for that particular network.

I've not used the Ubiquiti kit but radio setup across the industry is very similar for all radio kit
As long as you have the log on details don't see it matters what device is used to set it up
If the client has access I recommend keeping a copy of the settings so when they meddle it can be recovered when it goes wrong

Yes you can set up from the app on your phone. I have them in my house. Great bits of kit.

Forgot the details of how to set them up but I just used the app and they’ve worked perfectly ever since.

Reply to Setting up Ubiquiti WAP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys Just setting out final positions for new house we have coming up. Client would like router in same cupboard as DB, not my first choice...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Couple of questions see what others do maybe 🤔📝 Been using pen/ paper for yonks when dealing with re-drawing plans, everything else I...
Replies
Views
I know it's not neat, but can I simply run a single extension cable from a small (3KVA) petrol, portable, inverter generator, positioned outside...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone. So im currently working as a multi skilled engineer in the food production industry. Im a qualified electrician with...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone... I've been working for a narional security system for the last 15 years, started off as an apprentice got NVQ level 2 in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock