Discuss shocking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

3 CUs and tests per day at £48 a pop. Someone is having a laugh, this will end in tears as no spark that I know could do a proper job for those rates

No problem. Just put " 48 pounds worth of testing carried out " in Limitations on cert. Job done...or not. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

My client is looking for a 17th Edition electrician work in domestic properties in South Ockendon to do Fuse Board changes Fuse Board and Test is paid at £48.00, You will be completing between 2 - 3 jobs per day.

I bet he frigging is!

<Shakes head and wanders off in disbelief...>

bet the poles and romanians will be queuing up for it.

I was in a certain big orange shed today, and they were promoting CU installation "from £499", excluding all remdial work (talking with one of the staff, can easily total £900), by their "approved tradesmen". It seems there are two different worlds out there in terms of prices, one ten times the other ...

Doing the sums.....
I suspect their sales 'executives' have picked up the JIB rates at £12.00/hour.
A fast worker can rip out and install a new CU in 2 hours plus a basic IR test.
But why rip out something that works already and replace it with something that might not?

How much are they paying these sales 'executives'?

Had a customer last year proudly showed me the new CU he'd had fitted after that nice man from MEB came round and did a FREE inspection. Reckoned it was £1200 well spent ..... till I told him how much I'd have charged.

PJ

Had a customer last year proudly showed me the new CU he'd had fitted after that nice man from MEB came round and did a FREE inspection. Reckoned it was £1200 well spent ..... till I told him how much I'd have charged.

PJ

£48???

No problem. Just put " 48 pounds worth of testing carried out " in Limitations on cert. Job done...or not. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
yeah and leave the rest of the page blank, turn up write this down on paperwork and leave,although call out charge is usually 50 quid not 48.

I've an idea.
I'm a unscrupulous entrepreneur, with no electrical knowledge whatsoever, but can sell anything to anybody.
I'll take advantage of all the desperate unemployed electricians out there and pay them £50/day while I charge the customer £250. Happy Days!
Damn, it's already being done. :-(

PJ

You have to feel sorry for these people. They genuinely think that they are being looked after.....

Reply to shocking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock