Discuss Shop sold upstairs soneone converting to flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This will be very vague as dont have many details... BUT ill relay what I can from what I'm told...

so someone has asked me to wire a flat above a shop. This was used as storage. Not sure what it was storage for but sounds like no machinery in shop etc so potentially just a single phase supply. But it literally has lights up there at the moment... now my question is if I go and see this shop and its on a single phase supply am I going to have to get them to get the appropriate people in to pull a new supply in? No gas supply... so going to be electric shower... hob... water heater... not sure about heating yet but panel heaters most likely and then the usual suspects... sockets lights etc... if the main supply is on a 100A fuse surely that's not going to be sufficient to power the flat and the shop?

Not seen it yet so not done any calcs etc but obviously needs its own CU so just need to know whether I should be pre warning them about a potential new supply required...

I know there's not enough info to give definitive answers but any advise to work off would be appreciated

Without any details impossible to say. Have you done a site visit yet?

Reply to Shop sold upstairs soneone converting to flat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I live in a flat in Scotland supplied with an old 2 meter system called THTC where one meter using a time signal supplied heating and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, a landlord is converting a house into two flats and wants a separate consumer unit for both flats upstairs and downstairs. He also...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Morning all, Really hoping to get some advice / confirm what a few of us are thinking about a job in the future. Back ground - We have to swap...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock