Discuss shower rcd in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all
Have been to see shower replace (old for new) consumer unit has dedicated 32a mcb for shower circuit using 6mm cable but no rcd. question is can i cut into the 6mm cable from consumer unit install a rcd and then carry on to shower still on 6mm also can only find shower rcds with 40a breakers do i need to change breaker to 32a
thanks
Rich

Hi lenny
yes checked the regs and cable can carry 34amps so no greater than 32a breaker in the cu ,also its a cu with 3036,s and they have plug in mcb,s so i understand no rcds can be pluged into board,i will go with mark the spark,

Reply to shower rcd in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am changing the electric shower in a bathroom refurbishment (my own) and just wanted to ask about the mcb rating. The existing shower was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I was wondering what size cable and braker I'd need for an electric shower. Just out of intrest am I close in guessing as follows: The...
Replies
Views
Shower circuit (40a mcb 10mm cable 8.5kw shower ) tripping after 5 mins RESET trips after 2 mins...changed shower /cable /isolator still tripping...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock