Discuss Signed certs that are filled in badly in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is the company you work for, giving you the time, support etc or are they like some, paying lip service, and Ant will know what I'm talking about, to carry out QS duties, or is "He" just passing the buck onto your shoulders?
Giving me time it seems, but their immediate problem is the assessment in 3 weeks time.

Is the company you work for, giving you the time, support etc or are they like some, paying lip service, and Ant will know what I'm talking about, to carry out QS duties, or is "He" just passing the buck onto your shoulders?
Yes I was that token gesture ,making s....t shine and polishing the t....d.

It shouldn't cost more to do it right first time. It's when you can't get the lads to do the basics because your M.D. not supporting you and not letting them do it right.

New DB board and updating of 2 addition DB boards
I will be honest with you with the information on the certificate & the work you have installed new DB boards & the guys on-site either could not be bothered to look or ask someone about the gas connection alone, also I take it the certificate has been passed over as a finished job then I think you might be in for a bumpy ride in three weeks time. not your work just that certificate & may be more like it.
you can have a s..t looking job but as long as the paperwork looks good & the results are pretty equal to the work carried then you would be okay.
I mean the new DB'S came from something surely even putting these figures in would be better than NV

just a suggestion if the company is new to this side of the works, look at maybe getting some help in on a temporary basis to go through with you & look at each certificate for the year, make an appointment with every job that looks like has problems with the certificate & get the results required, just a suggestion.

a way to do this would be that you are carrying out an internal audit of everything carried over last 12 months & would they mind if you made an appointment as their worked had been short listed for audit purposes.

The certificate was passed off the the O&M with the job considered completed. My boss is trying to say the limitations are justified as some access could not be had, but there is nothing in writing to back this up and I think the assessor will take a dim view of that.

We will see. All I can do is be prepared for the assessment as well as I can be so that he isn't immediately ----ed off

The certificate was passed off the the O&M with the job considered completed. My boss is trying to say the limitations are justified as some access could not be had, but there is nothing in writing to back this up and I think the assessor will take a dim view of that.

We will see. All I can do is be prepared for the assessment as well as I can be so that he isn't immediately ****ed off
the problem is the limitations are not on the test certificate, we had a limitation on a test sheet but not recorded & was only minor but assessor wanted to know why not recorded & no details, that was for one limitation reading the certificate in the picture you might of needed a new sheet to get all that information on.

Even he/she would know that practically you can not isolate the who hospital to disconnect the main earth conductor to do a Ze. You never answered my question of are you undertaking the PDH job as well.

Even he/she would know that practically you can not isolate the who hospital to disconnect the main earth conductor to do a Ze. You never answered my question of are you undertaking the PDH job as well.
would you not record the maximum for the stated type of supply, put this down in notes & then record your own results for the DB'S installed, if you cannot isolate supply that is ?
you could get ZDB for the installed boards

Reply to Signed certs that are filled in badly in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net