Discuss Single strand 2.5mm for radiators? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

SiJohn

DIY
Reaction score
Hello and good morning all.
I am putting in a first fix on a small extension. It will have its own fuse board coming from the main house.
I plan to put in 5 electrical radiators. (2x1000w, 2 x 600w and a towel heater)
I am going to hardwire them on their own ring with a fuse on each .
Just wondering if single core 2.5mm is the cable to use or so I use the 2.5mm with the 35 strands?
Thanks in advance.

I see you are in Southern Ireland. Are you using an REC for these works?

I see you are in Southern Ireland. Are you using an REC for these works?
The electrician has ran the cable from the house and will be installing that with the fuse I’m just running the cables for him. I will connect and he will check everything at the end.

Your electrician should be recommending the cable type, you don't want to be installing something they won't sign off.

Reactions: DPG
Your electrician should be recommending the cable type, you don't want to be installing something they won't sign off.
He said 2.5 , I went to buy and found out you can get more than one type. He’s out of the country on his holidays

Reply to Single strand 2.5mm for radiators? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I think I might have done gone and ducked things up. We got a timer frame single story extension put on( 35sqm) For the Lighting...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock