Discuss sky q multi room insufficent info from sky in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hiya folks
i have been looking at upgrading to sky q but unfortunately it wont suit my needs as we currently have 5 boxes in the house with 2 dishes as follows
livingroom sky + hd box with coax slave to dinning room / kitchen
bedroom 1 sky+ hd box
bedroom 2 sky+ hd box
bedroom 3 sky+ hd box
bedroom 4 sky+ hd box
so basically 6 tvs working
but sky q can only support the main box plus 2 mini boxes they will sell you 4 but you can only watch 2 plus main 1 live so if the kids all want to watch something live they cant.
is it me or is there an issue
the package they were going to sell me would save approx ÂŁ50 a month so i thought great but on checking the forums for sky what they are trying to sell me doesnt work
anyone else had a simmilar issue

Firstly, I think you are spoiling your kids, but who am I to say :)

I have Sky Q, and was led to believe you could record 4 separate channels, which would suggest to me you can watch 4 different channels? Sounds like you have a large house. As the mini's connect via Wi-Fi, my installer told me there were some connection issues in some properties, resulting in booster boxes & cabling. Something else to consider.

If what you say is correct, I guess Sky are trying to cracked down on people setting up installs, which are doing them out of money :rolleyes:

Have you tried this forum; Sky Digital TV Forum - https://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-digital-tv-forum.547/ not a lot those chaps don't know?

If what you say is correct, I guess Sky are trying to cracked down on people setting up installs, which are doing them out of money :rolleyes:

And Sky are so short of money....

You pay a LOT as a subscriber and STILL have to watch so many adverts ........ Freeview is my friend........

"videos" were mentioned in our house earlier this week - my daughter pointed out we could still watch a video - to which I said not if it betamax or video 2000 - she had no idea what I was talking about!

Yep remember the music equivalent, eight track player? I had a mate who had one in his Ford Anglia, tapes were the size of dvd box sets!

i love the way these threads go off at a tangent i will reply to a couple of the comments
its the sky forum that i got the info regarding can only use main box and 2 mini boxes at any one time.
the reason i need so many boxes is i have 8 and not a typo 8 kids
i have had vhs and betamax videos tape decks and even 8 track to show my age my first dvd player cost ÂŁ400 when they first came out i can get 1 for about ÂŁ15 now. i may be 45 but at heart im 6 well so the wife says she keeps telling me im worse than the kids.

Reply to sky q multi room insufficent info from sky in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock