Discuss Song Birds quiet this year in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That looks most like a coal --- from the British birds I know.

We have been treated to singing Goldfinches around us lately. Never seen them round here before and their song is fantastically different to all the "normal" local birds.

keeping lots of feeders filled so lots of tweeters around including doves and blue-jays.
luckily they haven't targeted my car or the wifes van.
hummingbirds drink a lot and raise absolute hell on the bees and they aren't afraid to go after the blue-jays either

Central London Zone 2, I have Robins, Starlings, Black Birds, Jays, Magpies, Collared Dove, Pigeons, Wood Pigeons, Finches, Great --- and Wrens as well as Squirrels who dig holes in the lawn and Foxes who dig even larger holes........ grrrrrrrr

Saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker going through my apple tree last week, tree must be ill as the are know as the "tree doctor"

Funniest story my friend from Poland told me was there was an almighty noise from her living room from the wood burner (it wasn't on) and it seems that an owl fell through the chimney in to it she opened the door and had to chase a sooted up owl around the living room before catching it and releasing it in to the forest opposite the house.

View attachment 42890
pellet rifle takes care of the squirrels and the squirrels make a good pot pie

I have been told not to feed the birds in summer when there is food around as they become dependant, its helpful to feed them in the winter, I do put water out though so they can have a wash and a drink.

I read somewhere...may have been that bastion of truth and balanced reporting AKA The Daily Mail, that it's illegal to feed the birds in the UK nowadays.

Reply to Song Birds quiet this year in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock