Discuss Sort that lot out then Boys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Read the comment from -
ed09986e75f6763d9d572fc2783776f5
lesserdevil
April 3, 2009 at 2:41 pm

@_ck_: New Orleans, United States. I got sick of being in the dark followin Katrina. The grid was on, but the electric company wasn’t turning on houses without inspections. I popped open the meter box and hammered conductive plate metal into place on both sides, and voila, instant free electricity.

Then came a stormy day weeks after that. The power went out. I went to check the plate metal hack. One of them had, indeed, slipped out of place somehow. I attempted to put it back into place with a pair of pliers wrapped in electrical tape, while I was standing in a puddle of rain water.

I woke up a few minutes later. Witnesses said the arc was so bright they thought sure I was dead. And that’s th story of how I learned never to play with electricity again.

Reply to Sort that lot out then Boys in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am stuck on another job for next 2 months . Friend has maybe 14 max down lighters and maybe 2 pendant points . Wiring in loft space is a bit...
Replies
Views
Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a...
Replies
Views
Hey! I've got one room in the house with a wall socket. I'll be installing a new wall socket on the other side of that wall, passing an...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’m hoping for some advice. I currently run a small limited company that provides IT services, both commercial and domestic so I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock