Discuss SOX replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

drzsta

-
Arms
Reaction score
Wondering what the options are for upgrading/replacing 90w SOX streetlights. All ours are remote control gear in the base of the posts. Pain when you have a dual lantern post with 2 sets of control gear in the base, just no room to get at it without dropping the cuttout and backing plate out complete. :mad:

Has anybody got any recommendations with regards to SON/LED gear to put up?

fit LED units with drivers in the lamp housing.

When I was working in street lighting we generally specified 150w SON as the upgrade for 90w SOX, but as Tel says LED would be the way to go now.

we recently had a son streetlamp fail (right in front of next door's). guys came out, pi$$ed about for 1 hour trying to fix it. i suggested they fitted LED. now we're the only part of the road with decent streetlight. all the neighbours look like essex boys under the lights.

uploadfromtaptalk1455048541969.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455048586034.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455048643068.jpg

Reply to SOX replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a regular client who has asked for a battery back up system to be installed at their home. They live in a rural location on a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope nobody minds that my first post is a question. We have a bit of a situation brewing at home with regards to our new...
Replies
Views
What is the oldest dimmer switch you have seen in use recently? When did you install your first dimmer? (Veteran sparks only) I ask because a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys...I'm not a spark but can I ask your advice. We have 6 GU10 halogens in our kitchen...they use a lot of electricity and I would like to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock